So its been ages since I have posted. It’s been a sad and busy time. I found it hard to get back into the groove in January after my Dad’s passing and trying to help my Mom cope with this devastating lost. However life goes on and as my Dad always said pick yourself up, dust off and keep going.
In February, I started blending for sale the three spices and rubs which I have used in my kitchen for many years and recently at Supper Clubse clients have repeatedly asked to purchase. I have stuck to 3 blends as I know they produce gorgeous flavour.
They are Caribbean Herb Rub, Cajun Seasoning and Pulled Meat Rub. All developed to be very versatile, easy to use and make cooking simple. Most of all adding spices and herbs to cooking creates healthy Vava Voom flavour. Any manner of combinations are possible. My friend Victoria Rance who recently helped me at Shrewsbury Food Festival said the spices made the ordinary tastes Extraordinary! Coming from a fellow foodie and cook, it was a nice compliment. At the festival we turned ordinary canned Tuna Fish into Tuna Exotic with the Caribbean Herb Rub & Cajun Seasoning; Pink Salmon and creme fresh combined with Caribbean Herb Rub & Cajun Seasoning produced a rather posh Salmon Canapé. Roasted Aubergines & Bell Peppers were transformed with a dash of Pulled Meat Rub to Smoked Aubergine Choka ( so versatile that no meat is needed). We could hardly keep up with the samples for the Festival goers who sampled every dish.
CARIBBEAN HERB RUB : blend of eight fresh herbs and spices. It’s the Caribbean flavours in a bottle.
- Ingredients: Fresh coriander, parsley, spring onions, thyme, ginger, garlic, chilli, lime juice, water & cider vinegar.
- Storage: Once opened, refrigerate and use within 8 weeks. For best before see base of jar. Can be frozen e.g. in ice cube tray, store in freezer bag.
- How to use: Rub onto meat, fish or seafood at least 30 minutes before cooking. For extra flavour leave marinating overnight. Add to vegetables or pasta. It’s good with everything, it will liven up your dish.
CAJUN SEASONING: blend of nine spices to create an authentic New Orleans taste.
- Ingredients: Paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic, thyme, oregano, basil, onion, cayenne pepper
- How to use: Add some Cajun to your cooking. Use like an all purpose seasoning on meats, seafood, pasta and vegetables. It’s a staple in Gumbo and Jambalaya. Use as an all purpose seasoning on its own or add to meats marinated with Caribbean Herb Rub.
PULLED MEAT RUB : blend of ten spices to create that smokey BBQ taste at home.
- Ingredients: Brown Sugar, Smoked Paprika, Sea Salt, Cayenne Pepper, Cumin, Black Pepper, Garlic, Mustard powder, Thyme, All Spice.
- How to use: Spice up any meat dish with our Pulled Rub. Ideal with Pork & Chicken rubbed into meat and slow cooked. Use as an all purpose seasoning to add some extra depth to your meats and vegetables.
Here is some feedback from customers who have tried the spices.
BIG TOM SWAN:
The three herb spice rubs you gave me to try recently were outstanding! The Pulled Meat Rub was incredible, everyone loved it on pork and brisket. The Caribbean Herb Rub is nothing short of fabulous, I normally marinade fish or cook it with Asian herbs stuffed inside, this was better than any Chermoula, gremolata or lemon grass and coriander concoction of my own making and in fact I used it with a 3 rib cut of beef courtesy of “paddy ryan” (al la central american style) it was outstanding.
In fact all three are bloody marvellous.
ANNA TREBLE, MEZE PUBLISHING
I used the Caribbean herb rub first on a beautiful piece of cod loin and drizzled it on the accompaniment of cherry tomatoes and green beans. I also stirred it into a root vegetable stew to add a bit of fresh zing. The pulled meat rub was fantastic rubbed into brisket prior to slow cooking for a brisket chilli.
I used the pulled meat rub yesterday on a piece of brisket in the slow cooker for 8 hours with shallots, mushrooms and a tiny bit of stock. Absolutely stunning.
The rubs are a great store cupboard essential to liven up pretty much any meal
MATT, MEZE PUBLISHING
I used the Cajun seasoning on top of some hassleback potatoes with some salt and mozzarella cheese, great side dish brought to life by the spices in the mix.
TASTE TEAM :
Great versatile products and so easy to use.
Peps up a piece of chicken or prawns to create an original and easy lunch or supper
I love using herbs and spices in my cooking but I get bored of measuring the right amounts out, especially when I am hungry and pushed for time. These products save huge amounts of time and cut down on fuss and mess! Plus sometimes I can’t find all the ingredients I need.
Please contact us to stock or purchase our very versatile Kitchen Thyme’s Spices & Rubs.